Embracia in Burpengary – enquiries welcome.
Embracia in Burpengary is a purpose built, 120 bed aged care home.
We offer contemporary aged care where you come first.
Our philosophy has the resident at its heart; around it we innovate and create best-practice models of care in response to the changes in aged care.
Embracia in Burpengary opened in August 2017. We are offering quality care, in our beautifully designed and decorated home. Our philosophy, care and lifestyle are all focused on what residents can do. Through this residents maintain their independence, dignity, and a sense of purpose in their daily lives.
Ageing in Place
We believe in mixed care and ageing in place, enabling residents’ social connections and relationships to continue to grow.
This is your home. You don’t have to move, even if your care needs change. This is genuine ageing in place. We adjust our care and services to meet your unique needs.
Your community is our community
Embracia likes to connect with the local community, through events and contribution to local programs.
It is important to us that the home reflects the culture and needs of the wider community.
Read more about our Room Prices here.
Discover a beautiful spacious aged care home designed with your needs in mind
Household model – fundamental to our philosophy
Our Household model allows people to maintain their identity as part of a small community.
Our home consists of 6 households, each creating a community of approximately 20 residents in a welcoming homely environment. Together with your fellow residents you will enjoy:
- An open-plan living area with dining room and household kitchen
- Snug sitting room and TV area that offer a peaceful retreat
- Landscaped courtyards with outdoor furniture and BBQ area
- Access to our many communal areas and lifestyle spaces
Bedrooms designed with your needs in mind
Beautifully furnished by our interior designer, our bedrooms are spacious and full of natural light.
Our bedrooms are designed with an optimal layout to ensure you can make yourself completely at home, while ensuring staff can provide you with the care you need.
Accommodation is a single room with private ensuite. Key features include:
- 24/7 nurse call system with call points in bedroom and bathroom, so you have the comfort of knowing staff are available when you need them
- Fitted wardrobes with lockable areas to securely keep your valuable possessions
- Heating and air conditioning with individual temperature controls so you can maintain your ideal comfortable temperature
- Flat-screen digital TV, with optional Foxtel connection, so you can continue to enjoy your favourite shows, sport and movies
- Optional telephone service with a direct-dial phone number so you can stay connected with your loved ones
- Wi-Fi Internet connection
Many of our rooms also offer doors leading out to our landscape-designed outdoor spaces.
Quality care that supports you to enjoy life
You can be assured we offer qualified and experienced nursing and personal care staff 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our caring and compassionate team provide high quality care that meets your needs now and into the future
Our staff are dedicated to your household. They get know you, your needs and preferences. This means we can put you first; you are at the centre of whatever care you need.
Our team are empowered to find better ways of caring, in collaboration with one another, for individuals and families.
We offer all our residents physical, emotional, spiritual, cognitive and social support, care and development.
Memory Support Households
Embracia is a leading dementia care provider. We have a unique approach that connects families and older people. We use the Montessori method of dementia care, an innovative method that focuses on what people can do, rather than what they can’t.
We have two dedicated memory support households, each staffed by dedicated, specially trained teams who have a passion for dementia care.
Through the Montessori approach, each resident is supported to find purpose and fulfilment, as well as the care they need.
We offer respite care for both planned breaks, and unforeseen situations where respite is more urgently needed.
Our quality palliative care is overseen by our Nursing team and is centred on respecting the resident, their wishes, and ensuring their individual needs and dignity remain the focus throughout. Our staff provide compassionate and caring support to loved ones at a challenging time.
Embracia is dedicated to providing quality aged care.
Fun is passion. Life is to be enjoyed.
Embracia in Burpengary has a dedicated Lifestyle team delivering a program of activities. Our Lifestyle programs are varied and ever-changing, so our residents always have opportunities to participate in activities that interest them and be part of life in the home.
We have our own bus available to take residents on regular outings and trips.
Homemade food – delicious, nutritious and comforting
All our food is home-cooked by our talented in-house kitchen team. Our menus are designed in conjunction with dieticians to ensure that food is nutritious, varied and delicious. Our team take pride in putting smiles on our resident’s faces with their food each day.
Our Streetscape – bringing your lifestyle to you
Embracia in Burpengary has been designed with a centralised streetscape flowing from a stunning grand entrance. Our residents can enjoy:
- Cafe leading out to courtyard alfresco areas
- Multipurpose room to host a wide range of activities and entertainment
- Hairdressing and beauty salon with ladies lounge offering in-house hair, beauty and relaxation
- Comfortable seating areas,with Foxtel in lounge areas
- Large theatre with state of the art audio visual equipment
- Chapel to provide a place for reflection and prayer, as well as church services from local churches
- Physiotherapy space for exercise and rehabilitative care
- Games room with arcade style games, including a pinball machine
Families and Friends Stay Connected
We encourage families and friends to visit their loved ones. We don’t have visiting hours; this is our resident’s home and they can welcome loved ones in whenever they like. All we ask is people are respectful of the other residents who also live here.